An owner of rental property in Sutton has a lot of things on their plate. They deal with things such as security, day to day maintenance and securing appropriate tenants. They must often interrupt their daily activities to handle these tasks and this cuts into their productive days in such ways that are bothersome. If all they have to do is this monitoring, that would be one thing, however, because it often is not, a local, Sutton based Property Management Services company can sit in for them and many believe this is a better use of their resources.
Property management companies have had a long history of dealing with all of the details it takes to properly maintain and promote rental properties for their owners so the owners do not have to be bothered with it all.
A short, incomplete, list of activities and responsibilities offered by property management firms will include:
1. The establishment of an appropriate monthly rent or lease figure, based on condition, location and amenities of a property.
2. Identifying such things a security deposit amount as well as any fees associated with the processing of the application, any local taxes, local fees and other criteria.
3. The preparation of the property before rental to ensure the inside and outside is ready for occupation and the ‘curb appeal’ is above reproach.
4. The active advertising of the property in appropriate media sources, such as Sutton newspapers, industry publications and online clearing houses.
5. Pre-application interviews based on the appropriate criteria to determine a candidate’s fitness for the property.
6. Investigation of any potential tenants as far as background and credit checks.
7. Any maintenance activities to ensure the safety and compliance to any local codes and regulations, before, during and after the rental has occurred.
8. Accept security deposit or bond upon acceptance of application as well as all monthly or quarterly payments and the maintenance of a bank account for this purpose.
9. Accept communication from the tenant as far as any issues that arise, and attempt to correct them in a timely manner.
10. Tracking down any late payments.
11. Verify that all cleanliness issues are handled by the tenant as occurring.
12. At the conclusion of the rental or leasing period, inspection of the property to see that it is returned in as clean a condition as it was rented and make suggestions about how to comply with this requirement.
There is much discussion about the end of tenancy cleaning that is required to return any property to a proper level of cleanliness. The tenant assumes the responsibility of seeing this is accomplished, whether it is a house or a commercial property. The primary responsibility of the property management company is to ensure this has occurred. There are some reputable companies offering end of tenancy cleaning in Sutton.
They do this with a detailed inspection that should reflect the condition the property was in when it was inspected before the tenant took possession. As part of their activities, they can be retained, by the tenant, to do this cleaning as they know what areas are critical and their cleaning department can accomplish this quickly and without issue, based on the discussions they had with you, the property owner.